For Your Information
Mazda Publishes Sustainability Report 2010 and Annual Report 2010
HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation today issued the Mazda Sustainability Report 2010 in Japanese. It outlines Mazda's corporate social responsibility (CSR) policies as well as achievements for the fiscal year ended March 2010 (April 2009 to March 2010). The English version of the Sustainability Report 2010 will be published at the end of September.
Also today, Mazda released its Annual Report 2010 in Japanese. It features management information and financial news for investors and shareholders. The English version of the Annual Report will be released in mid-September.
|Mazda Sustainability Report 2010
||Annual Report 2010
Highlights of the Sustainability Report 2010
- Mazda's approach to CSR is presented as an easy-to-understand conversation with the president.
- Mazda's CSR activities are explained under three headings: Environmental Conservation, Social Contributions, and Respect for People. The development of Mazda's next-generation powertrains, biodiversity and other initiatives are introduced in the form of stories.
- Mazda's vision of the environment and the society of the future is explained as the basis for the next Mazda Green Plan*1.
- The online version of the Sustainability Report contains additional detailed information in each section.
Highlights of the Annual Report 2010
- Messages from the president and the CFO are presented under the theme "Gearing Up & Going Forward." They cover the achievements resulting from Mazda's actions that were undertaken during the fiscal year ended March 2010, when Mazda faced a challenging operating environment following the Lehman Shock, and initiatives which have commenced for the fiscal year ending March 2011, as Mazda "turns around and goes on the offensive."
- Mazda announced its Framework for Medium- and Long-Term Initiatives in April 2010. A special section in the Annual Report 2010 explains this framework and its five pillars: Brand Value, Monotsukuri Innovation, Environmental and Safety Technologies, Emerging Markets and Ford Synergies
Both reports can be downloaded from Mazda's global website. Printed copies will also be made available on request.
- *1 Mazda's Green Plans are environmental mid-term plans aimed at reducing the environmental burden of the company's corporate activities.
- *2 The English version of the Sustainability Report 2010 will be available at the end of September in both printed and online formats.
- *3 The English version of the Annual Report 2010 will be available in mid-September in both printed and online formats.