Environment and CSR
Mazda Publishes Sustainability Report 2011 and Annual Report 2011
HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation today issued the Mazda Sustainability Report 2011 and Annual Report 2011 in Japanese. The English version of the Sustainability Report 2011 will be published in early October and the English version of the Annual Report 2011 will be published in mid-September.
The Sustainability Report 2011 outlines Mazda's corporate social responsibility (CSR) policies and achievements for the fiscal year ended (FYE) March 2011 (April 2010 to March 2011). The Annual Report 2011 features management information and financial news for investors and shareholders.
|Mazda Sustainability Report 2011
||Annual Report 2011
Highlights of the Sustainability Report 2011
- The Top Message describes Mazda's approach to CSR and outlines the impact of, and Mazda's response to, the Great East Japan Earthquake.
- Mazda's three main areas of CSR activities (Environmental Conservation, Respect for People, and Social Contributions) are explained and specific initiatives are introduced in the form of stories by Mazda employees.
- Mazda's mid-term environmental plan for 2020, the Mazda Green Plan 2020, is explained.
- SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY, Mazda's range of new products at the heart of the mid-term environmental plan, is described in detail.
- The online version of the Sustainability Report contains additional detailed information in each section. For the first time, the printed version is also available as an electronic book.
Highlights of the Annual Report 2011
- Messages from the president and the CFO include a review of the financial results for FYE March 2011 when healthy sales pushed operating profit up by 2.5 times over the prior year; Mazda's business plan and new product sales strategies for FYE 2012, the first year of the SKYACTIV era; and the status and growth drivers of the Framework for Medium- and Long-Term Initiatives, which is aimed at FYE 2016.
- A special feature outlines Mazda's breakthrough SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY and emerging market strategies that will be key to the company's future growth.
Both reports can be downloaded from Mazda's global website. Printed copies will also be made available on request.
- *1 The English version of the Sustainability Report 2011 (both printed and online formats) will be available in early October.
- *2 The Japanese version of the Annual Report 2011 (printed format) and the English version (both printed and online formats) will be available in mid-September.