HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation today launched an upgraded Mazda Demio compact car (known overseas as the Mazda2) at Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam dealerships throughout Japan.
The updated Demio 13C-V Smart Edition II features a rear roof spoiler, undercover, and with a 0.4km/L improvement in fuel economy, now achieves a rating of 20.6km/L under Japan's JC08 mode test cycle.
The 13C-V Smart Edition II qualifies for a 50 percent reduction in the vehicle acquisition and weight taxes under Japan's eco-car tax reduction program. In doing so it joins the ranks of the 13-SKYACTIV model grade which qualifies for full exemption of the vehicle acquisition and weight taxes.
Mazda Demio 13C-V Smart Edition II
With the addition of the refined Border Black seat color option to the Sporty Package and Comfort Package factory-installed set options, three upholstery colors are now available in the 13-SKYACTIV model grade.
Two new body colors, Stormy Blue Mica and Clear Water Blue Metallic, were added to the Demio lineup, giving customers a choice of eleven colors*2.
Main features of the upgraded Mazda Demio
- 13C-V Smart Edition II
- Model grade name is changed from 13C-V Smart Edition to 13C-V Smart Edition II.
- Enhanced aerodynamic performance through the employment of a rear roof spoiler and undercover result in a 0.4km/L improvement of fuel economy from 20.2km/L to 20.6km/L under Japan's JC08 mode test cycle.
- Additional factory-installed set options
- Advanced keyless entry (with answer-back function and automatic rear liftgate) and start system, two advanced keys, and immobilizer (approved by Japan's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transportation and Tourism)
- Discharge headlights with low beam auto-leveling function and front fog lamps
- Three color options for upholstery including the new Border Black are available for the Sporty Package and Comfort Package.
- Exterior body colors (for all model grades)
- Eleven colors*2 are now available, including two colors new to the Demio range, Stormy Blue Mica and Clear Water Blue Metallic.
Manufacturer's suggested retail prices of the upgraded Mazda Demio
* Model in the above photo
- - A separate recycling fee of 10,690 yen is incurred in addition to the manufacturer's suggested retail prices listed above for models without side and curtain airbags, for models with the side and curtain airbags the recycling fee of 11,260 yen is necessary.
- - If the special body color Crystal White Pearl Mica is selected, the price increases by 31,500 yen (including tax).
- *1: Japan's tax reduction program to promote eco-friendly cars based on revisions to the taxation system effective for fiscal year ending March 2013. The ratio is as of May 1, 2012.
- *2: Includes a special body color for the 13-SKYACTIV, Aquatic Blue Mica.