Environment and CSR
Mazda Publishes Mazda Sustainability Report 2012 and Annual Report 2012
HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation today published the Mazda Sustainability Report 2012 and Annual Report 2012 in Japanese on the company's official Website. The Sustainability Report 2012 outlines Mazda's corporate social responsibility (CSR) policies and achievements for the fiscal year ended March 2012. The Annual Report 2012 features management information and financial news.
|Mazda Sustainability Report 2012
||Annual Report 2012
Highlights of the Sustainability Report 2012
- The Top Message describes Mazda's approach to CSR and initiatives in three focus areas, environmental conservation, social contributions and respect for people.
- The Special Feature section has interviews with Mazda employees who were involved with the development of the CX-5 which adopts the full range of SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY*1 and includes feedback from customers who have purchased the car.
- The CLOSE UP section features interviews with Mazda employees and comments from stakeholders in relation to the three focus areas.
- Report on progress made through Mazda's mid-term environmental Green Plan 2020 during the fiscal year ended March 2012.
- Mazda's CSR initiatives are explained in relation to the core subjects of ISO 26000*2.
Highlights of the Annual Report 2012
- A message from the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and an interview with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) summarize the fiscal year ended March 2012 and the results of initiatives Mazda carried out throughout the year. It also introduces the latest implementations of the Structural Reform Plan which aims to strengthen the Framework for Medium- to Long-term Initiatives for our future growth.
- The Special Feature section explains the four policies of the Structural Reform Plan announced by Mazda in February 2012.
- The Annual Report also features an overview of SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY*1 and Mazda's business activities in Japan, North America, Europe, China and other areas.
Both the Sustainability Report 2012 and the Annual Report 2012 can be downloaded from Mazda's global website.
- *1 An umbrella term for Mazda's new-generation technologies, including the SKYACTIV-G gasoline engine, SKYACTIV-D diesel engine, SKYACTIV-DRIVE automatic transmission, the high-performance lightweight SKYACTIV-CHASSIS and the lightweight but highly rigid SKYACTIV-BODY
- *2 Organizational governance, human rights, labor practices, the environment, fair operating practices, consumer issues, and community involvement and development
- *3 The full report is available for download in Japanese now. A Japanese digest version featuring highlights of the full report will be available in both printed and online format in September. The full report in English will be available in September and the English digest version will be available in October. (Both English versions available in online format only)
- *4 Both the English and Japanese versions available only in online format.